Bakery, Confectionery and Dairy Manufacturing Use
Prune juice concentrate is a pure water extract of prunes (dried plums).
- Can be diluted to single strength prune juice
- Extends the shelf life of bread products
- Serves as an anti-sealing agent - mold inhibitor
- Sweetens and colors natural baked goods
- A natural substitute for preservatives
- Sugar substitute
- Filling for hard candies and chocolate
- Maintains moisture in chewy cakes and cookies
- Binding agent in cereal bars
- Natural syrup for yogurts and ice cream
- Color enhancer
- Flavor enhancer in sauces
Prune Concentrate Characteristics
Color: Amber to dark brown.
70 Brix Concentrate 85-95% of dry solids are reducing sugars.
Prune Concentrate Shelf Life
Shelf life of 24 months when stored in a cool dry environment. Prune concentrate is a self preserving product.